Step back in time at the Goodwood Revival, one of the best motorsport events in the world held every September since 1998 at the Goodwood Circuit in England.
The festival attracts crowds of 150,000 people over a three-day period. A bit of fun for everyone, from classic car enthusiasts, to those who love all things vintage, the Goodwood Revival festival aims to recreate the circuit’s glory years between 1948 and 1966.
It celebrates the types of road racing cars and motorcycle that would have competed during the circuit’s original period. Car enthusiasts can relive the phenomenon with the most astonishing vehicles of the era – almost $200 million USD worth of cars from the early to mid-sixties.
An “Over the Road” event adjacent to the circuit the holds a vintage fun fair, with live music, bar, catering and shops, that have been carefully designed to create the atmosphere as though visitors have time warped into the late 40’s and 60’s.
Highlights of 2016 – Race Results and highlights watch videos on Goodwood here.
Some interesting facts about Goodwood Revival:
- The original circuit derives from an ex-military airfield
- The track was officially opened by the 9th Duke of Richmond in a Bristol 400 – what was then Britain’s state-of-the-art sporting saloon
- Post-1966 vehicles are not permitted to enter Goodwood Revival
- Nearly all visitors and staff dress up for Goodwood Revival, with the most popular eras being the 50s and 60s
- Goodwood isn’t just about racing – it also has a 94-room hotel, 3000 acre organic farm (the largest of its type in the UK), golf courses, a private members’ club, a health club and its own aerodrome
- Aviation plays a massive part of Goodwood Revival, celebrating this each year with the Freddie March Spirit of Aviation
Photo credit to Amy Shore Photography, who took these incredible images over the three day period at Goodwood Revival September 2016. Her photos below capture the fantastic motor vehicles at the event, for more images visit Amy Shore Photography online, or check out her Instagram @amyshorephotography for some more awesome shots!