The Jaguar E2A model was sold for $4,957,000 at 2008 Bonhams, and survives today as absolutely one of the most charismatic and significant prototypes ever produced. There was only one Jaguar E2A version available in the 1960s.
It has similarities to the E1A in both looks and rear suspension concept, and it resembles the XKE even more so. This car was developed conceived more as a racer than road car.
More facts about Jaguar E2A 1960, version for racing
• 2-door roadster body type
• RWD (rear-wheel drive), manual 4-speed gearbox
• Petrol engine with displacement
• Power: 218 kW / 293 hp / 297 PS (max), torque: 321 Nm / 230 lb-ft
• Characteristic dimensions: outside length: 4318 mm / 170 in, wheelbase: 2438 mm/ 96 in
• Reference weights: estimated curb weight: 1000 kg / 2200 lbs
How fast is this car?
Top speed: 270 km/h (168 mph)